Sunday, October 24, 2010

God's Great Provision

After about a month in Oklahoma, I decided I wanted to get out and work for a little bit. Due to very expensive child care options, we decided it might be best for me to work in a daycare or preschool to help cut some of the costs. Addison was VERY excited to be going back to school. Before we went to the first one, we made sure to pray together for wisdom about the school. When we went to tour the daycare and to inquire about employment options, Addison got very excited about it and really wanted to go there. There wasn't an opening, plus there were some other things involved, so it wouldn't work out. Addison got the idea that we were definitely going there and got really excited. When we got into the car, I told her that we couldn't go to that school. She started crying and said, "But we asked Jesus! Jesus told us no?" I explained Jesus can tell us no, but whenever He does, He always will give us something that's even better than what we could have ever asked. A few months later, I walked into a place on a Friday and left my name and number. I got a phone call the next Monday with them wanting to hire me. This place is an actual school, not just a daycare. They use A Beka Book and learn much more than they would have at any of the other daycares. She even gets to learn Spanish! I prayed with Addison about us finding the best school for her to go to and for me to work in. After she got to tour the school and meet the teacher, as I was putting her into her car seat, she asked, "Do I get to go to this school?" I replied, "Yes!" After that, she got a great big smile on her face, looked straight up and said, "Jesus! You said yes! Thank you so much!" We were able to talk about how this school was so much better than any we looked at and how happy we were that He didn't say yes to the first school. It was such an incredible lesson for her to observe.

1 comment: